The rivers of the world are fast becoming a bucket list choice for travelers. With smaller luxury ships, a river cruise is a very different experience compared to the large Ocean Liners. If you are looking for a quieter, more relaxing experience then river cruising is for you. River cruises tend to be more port based, with most companies including the shore excursions in the price!
European river cruising has boomed in the last decade, and cruise lines are expanding to more exotic and interesting parts of the globe every year. So whether you'd like to sail gently along as medieval castles float by your balcony, you prefer the hustle and bustle of a trip through an Asian metropolis, a cruise down the Nile or experience the Amazon, I can help you find your perfect river cruise.
Who to Cruise with?
There are several really great River Cruise Companies and they all offer similar itineraries and level of luxury, but there are small differences that may appeal to you one over another.
Viking River Cruises - River Cruises in Europe, Asia, Russia and Egypt
- Largest river cruise line in the world
- Fares include guided shore excursions in each port of call
- Innovative Longships offer Nordic design and comfortable surroundings
- Other Longship features include outdoor balconies and two-room suites
CLICK HERE for more information on Viking River Cruises
Avalon Waterways - River Cruises in Europe, Asia and South America
- Suite class ships feature floor-to-ceiling, retractable windows
- Locally sourced wines and shore excursion included in fare
- Cruises great rivers in Europe and Asia
- Join passengers who are well-traveled, 50-plus
CLICK HERE for more information on Avalon River Cruises
AmaWaterways - River Cruises in Europe, Vietnam & Cambodia, Africa and Myanmar (Burma)
PLEASE NOTE: AmaWaterways pricing is currently only available in USD on thier website. Please
- Shore excursions; wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner; complimentary bicycles for tours and on own included in fare
- Some ships have family friendly cabins
- Partnerships with Backroads, Adventures by Disney and APT
CLICK HERE for more information on AmaWaterways River Cruises
TAUCK - River Cruises in Europe
- Fares include all excursions, gratuities and alcohol
- Ships offer a variety of European sailings including Family geared itineraries and cabins
- Three tour directors on every sailing ensure excellent service
- All dining is open-seating with intimate table setups