CA $5395 – CA $9995* per person sharing – Driving Safari
CA $7195 - $10595* per person sharing – Flying Safari.
Validity: 03 January – 15 December 2018.
*(Depending on seasonality and number of travellers).
• Arrival / Departure transfers
• Transportation in 4 x 4 vehicles and light aircraft where applicable
• Accommodation on a shared basis
• Game viewing
• Flying Doctors insurance while on safari
• Park entry fees
• Breakfast daily; 10 lunches; 10 dinners
11 NIGHTS / 12 DAYS
NAIROBI: Overnight Sarova Stanley Hotel
• On your arrival you will be met by our local representative at the airport with the traditional, unique and special welcome (bubbly, wet towels and presentation of authentic safari hat and a beautiful authentic canvas pouch filled with safari essentials). Transfer to your hotel in Nairobi, Kenya’s colourful capital city to check in to your city hotel.
Rest of the day or evening is spent at leisure.
• Flying Safari Extra Day. Tour of Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe centre followed by lunch at The Carnivore restaurant. This evening you will enjoy complimentary dinner with the Manji family at their residence.
SAMBURU GAME RESERVE: Overnight Elephant Bedroom Camp
• Arrive at the Samburu Game Reserve and you will be met by the camp guide driver & land cruiser at the airstrip in Samburu, enjoy an en route game viewing drive to the camp to a warm welcome then lunch, short siesta before heading for an afternoon game viewing drive in a shared camp vehicle.
The Samburu region is the best place to find several endemic northern species; including the gerenuk (Twiga gazelle) due to her long neck, the beisa oryx, the reticulated giraffe, the Somali ostrich and Grevy’s zebra. Samburu is also an ornithological paradise, home to many birds including local species such as the palm nut vulture and the vivacious dove.
• Second Day: Enjoy full day of morning and afternoon game viewing in both Samburu and Buffalo Springs game reserves in a shared camp vehicle. Leopards are often seen at dusk. The Samburu culture is a truly fascinating one, sharing a great deal of ancestral and linguistic ties to the Masai.
The entire Samburu region is a place of breath-taking and magical beauty, a place where the vision of a deep red sunset silhouetting the doum palms along the river as a leopard emerges to hunt brings the perfect end to a day on safari.
OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY: Overnight Sweetwaters Tented Camp (Driving Safari ONLY)
• This camp is located in a national park around the foot of Mount Kenya, arriving in good time for lunch, take a rest then go for an evening game drive.
Enjoy an exciting game viewing drive in the wildlife rich game sanctuary. Home to the Big Five (the endangered black and white rhinos, elephants, lion, leopard & Cape buffalo) and a host of other animals such as the grevys zebra, cheetah, gazelles, black-back jackals, ostrich, baboons, waterbuck, oryx, eland and several hundred bird species, Ol Pejeta’s combination of these amazing wildlife and stunning views guarantees an unforgettable safari experience. It also serves as a sanctuary for the non-indigenous chimpanzees and is the only place in Kenya to view these remarkably intelligent and endangered animals. Watching their behavior, as they do stuff with great intelligence is an experience that will brighten our day with laughter and amazement.
LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK: Overnight Sarova Lion Hill Lodge (Driving Safari ONLY)
• After breakfast, depart for Lake Nakuru National Park, famous as home to thousands of lesser and greater flamingo. This park also provides sanctuary for Rothschild giraffe, black and white rhino and the elusive leopard. Arrive in time for lunch at your preferred choice of accommodation and some leisure time, before later in the afternoon head out for game viewing drive in search of both the black and white rhino, the endangered Rothschild Giraffe (Twiga), the elusive leopard as well as a host of other plains game and with a chance to visit the shores of the lake where you may walk with millions of flamingos.
MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE: Overnight Tipilikwani Luxury Mara Camp
• Enjoy an early breakfast and depart for the Masai Mara National Reserve offering wonderful scenery and plenty of game. It is perhaps the only region left in Kenya where the visitor may see animals in the same super-abundance as existed a century ago. Masai Mara National Reserve is an area of preserved savannah wilderness in south-western Kenya, along the Tanzanian border. Its wildlife includes lions, cheetahs, elephants, zebras and hippos. Wildebeest traverse its plains during their annual migration. The landscape has grassy plains and rolling hills, and is crossed by the Mara and Talek rivers. The area nearby is dotted with villages (enkangs) of Masai people. Arrive for lunch at your lodge. Enjoy afternoon game viewing drive in this vast and expansive reserve teeming with game. Be on the look-out for the famous big five; the most sought after in the early 20th century, when Kenya was a hunters' paradise. These include the lion, Cape buffalo, the Savannah elephant, black rhino and the elusive leopard. The vast savannah grasslands stretch as far as the eye can see is home to impalas, Masai giraffes, waterbucks, warthogs, Thompson & Grant's gazelles, topis, and the resident wildebeests among many others.
• Second Day: After breakfast proceed on a full day of game viewing drives & adventure in a shared camp vehicle. Be on the look-out for the big five that Masai Mara is famous for. These include the lion, savannah (African) elephant, the Cape buffalo, the leopard and the black rhino. You may even be lucky to witness a leopard or a cheetah sprint and make a kill!
• Third Day Flying Safari ONLY: Morning and afternoon game drives in Serengeti National Park.
SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK: Overnight Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
• Enjoy a hearty breakfast then depart for the world famous Serengeti National Park, Tanzania's oldest park, and one of the world's last great wildlife refuges. The Serengeti ecosystem supports the greatest remaining concentration of plains game in Africa, including more than three million large mammals. We arrive at our lodge for check-in.
• Second Day: This morning after breakfast, we depart with picnic lunch boxes for a full day of game viewing drives on the vast Serengeti plains. In the early morning and evening light, the Serengeti landscape is stunningly beautiful. The Rolling plains and grasslands, stretching far into the horizons as far as the eye can see is home to the black-manned lion, the savannah elephant, the Cape buffalo, wildebeest, the elusive leopard, cheetah, the spotted & stripped hyena, the rhino, topi, Burchelle’s zebra, the Masai giraffe among many others. Serengeti National Park is one that can never disappoint. One is spoilt by the variety of bird and wildlife species in this game reserve with game-viewing drives.
NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA: Overnight Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
• After breakfast, we depart for Ngorongoro. We stop at the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important prehistoric sites in the world to learn on human evolution. We will enjoy an on-site talk on the interpretation of the gorge by the resident guide.
We arrive at our lodge to a warm welcome. Check in followed by lunch. This afternoon is free to relax at the lodge and enjoy the breath-taking spectacular views of the crater below. Ngorongoro Crater has the largest unbroken caldera in the world. It has been described as one of the great natural wonders of the world. Eight million years ago, the Ngorongoro Crater was an active volcano but its cone collapsed, forming the crater that is 610 meters deep, 20 kilometres in diameter, and covers an area of 311 sq. km.
• Second Day: After breakfast we descend some 610 metres into the crater, which is home to an abundance of wildlife and a photogenic paradise, for a full day of game-viewing drive with picnic lunch. Ngorongoro Crater, the largest intact caldera in the world teams with an abundance of wildlife permanently resident on the crater floor. Prides of lions, herds of Cape buffalo, rhino, giraffes, golden & black-backed jackal, zebra, cheetah, leopard and the spotted hyena freely roam on the crater floor plains. Unmatched for its natural variety & breath-taking beauty, there are few places on earth where such a tremendous diversity of landscapes exist inside a region this size. Apart from its wildlife riches, the crater is also of great archaeological importance, with the remains of some of mankind’s earliest ancestors discovered in the area, also a home to hundreds of bird species, refreshing in the small lakes in the crater floor.
After breakfast drive to Arusha for lunch. Thereafter, transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your international departure flight.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Balloon Safari over the Mara plains followed by a champagne breakfast or visit a traditional Masai Manyatta (off the beaten track) and experience the culture of this world famous community. The Masai still live as they did for centuries -interact with these nomadic people and experience their way of life as you learn about their customs and traditions. OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Dawn Balloon Safari over the Serengeti Plains ending with a champagne breakfast.